Research & Special Projects - Professional Centers
Research is an important element of the offerings at the Barkley Center. The diversity of research conducted provides the students enrolled in the Special Education and Communication Disorders programs an opportunity to enrich their educational experience. Students are encouraged to work with faculty on projects as well as to pursue their own research under faculty supervision and guidance.
In addition, the department's research helps the faculty/staff better serve the clientele of the Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic.
Research and Special Projects at the Barkley Memorial Center include:
* Dizziness and Balance Disorder Lab
* Speech Production Lab
* Center on Child and Family Well Being (CCFW)
* Link N Literacy Lab
* The Fluency Center
* Augmentative and Alternative Communication Center
* Paraeducator Training Resources-Paraeducator Self Study Project Para
* Safe and Responsive Schools