LiveText Information and Training
LiveText, a comprehensive system for monitoring competencies in our teacher education programs, specializes in tools for meeting rigorous state, regional, and federal data requirements. The College of Education and Human Sciences will be able to examine trends and benchmarks in student learning, guide students’ development of e-portfolios to document their competencies, and manage professional accreditation requirements through the use of LiveText.
Benefits to the faculty include:
- Reusable assignment templates and content bundles to increase efficiency.
- Standardized and customizable rubrics and assessment materials to ensure consistency.
- Many direct and indirect assessment options to monitor students’ strengths and needs for improvement.
- Powerful and quick student progress, course, and rubric reports that will provide critical data on program outcomes to the program/college/department.
- Virtual file storage and the capacity for web-based assignments, documents, journals, and projects.
- Capabilities for customized professional e-Portfolios to document scholarly work, service to the institution, and achievements.
Benefits for our students include:
- Clear evidence documenting their teacher competencies.
- E-space for supervised experiences that maximizes collaboration among students, faculty, cooperating teachers, and university supervisors
- Prompt and meaningful feedback on program performance.
- An electronic resume that can be tailored to employers, supervisors and colleagues
- Option of downloading an e-file of all competency documentation upon program completion