The Family Financial Planning Web-Based Graduate Program features:
- A registered program by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP®) allowing you to complete the education requirements to take the exam to become a Certified Financial Planner®/CFP®
- A double bonus providing opportunities for graduate education as well as preparation to take the Certified Financial Planner examination
- An opportunity for you to receive a graduate degree from a top tier university, taught by nationally recognized experts in the field of family financial planning
- One of a kind program that combines financial planning content with family content, and is offered totally as a web-based program
- A career in an emerging area (ranked #1 in the U.S. in 2007) with job opportunities related to insurance, real estate, investments, retirement, tax and estate planning
- Opportunities for networking (team-work) in an electronic learning community providing a variety of perspectives in interacting with students from around the world
- Flexibility in fitting your courses into your work and home schedules because of a convenient online format
- Cost savings benefits from not having to relocate or pay out-of-state tuition; savings can go directly toward your education
*CFP® and Certified Financial Planner® are federally registered service marks of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. They are granted by the CFP® Board to those persons who have fulfilled a comprehensive educational requirement, passed the CFP® Certification Examination, satisfied a work experience requirement, and agreed to abide by the CFP® Board code of ethical conduct. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not certify individuals to use the CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER marks. CFP® certificates and licenses are granted only by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as This CFP® Board Registered Program, has met its ethics, experience, and examination requirements.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, as a partner in the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (Great Plains IDEA), offers a master's degree and graduate certificate in family financial planning. The M. S. and Certificate are a double bonus in that they provide opportunities for graduate education but also prepare you to take the Certified Financial Planner examination.
Earn a master's degree in Child, Youth and Family Studies with a specialization in the area of family financial planning. Most students complete the master's program in three years while working a full-time job. Students in this specialization enhance personal financial knowledge, complete a master's degree or a certificate program and develop competencies that can lead to the Certified Financial Planner designation by the CFP International Board of Standards. Learn more...
Earn a graduate certificate in Financial Planning which is designed for students who want graduate coursework that meets the educational requirement to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination but who do not need a master's degree. Learn more...