Child, Youth and Family Studies in Communication and Mass Media - Omaha Campus
This degree may be started and completed entirely on the Omaha campus.
Challenging…stimulating…creative: Child, Youth and Family Studies in Communication and Mass Media prepares students for an exciting profession in broadcasting, advertising or news editing. This option combines a background in family science with skills in writing, speaking and/or designing publications or advertising. This is a joint program between Child, Youth and Family Studies and UNO School of Communication.
UNL Points of Distinction
- This degree may be started and completed entirely on the Omaha campus.
- Internships are a required component of every program. They are set up with agencies or businesses that can use a student’s journalism talent.
- Strong advising helps students with their academic program and potential careers.
- The only program in the State of Nebraska accredited by the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS).
CareersThis program combines a broad background in child, youth and family studies with one area of journalism (advertising, news editorial or broadcasting).
- Advertising Coordinator
- Newspaper Reporting/Editing
- Magazine Reporting/Editing
- Communications firm representative
- Freelance reporter/writer