The Fluency Center - for the Clinician
General assessment tools for children and adults who stutter
Forms for adolescents and adults who stutter
* Erickson S24 Scale
* Erickson S24 Scale Answers
* Revised Willoughby Questionnaire for Self-Administration
* Erickson and Willoughby Questionnaire Scoring Procedures
The CALMS model
Supplemental Materials for the CALMS Rating Scale
Treatment for children who stutter
* Stuttering Programs
* Class Visits
* How Do People Talk?
* Example of Manipulating Semantic Context in Therapy
* Treating children who stutter with concomitant disorders
* Clinical Applications of a Multidimensional Approach For The Assessment and Treatment of Stuttering (abstract)
"Those Who Stutter Find Hope" from USA Today
"Those Who Suttter Find Hope" .pdf version
Discussion about SpeechEasy
Brain activity comparison - stutterer vs. non stutterer
Articles on Stuttering, Apraxia, Tourette's Syndrome, and ADHD (SID4 Newsletter, Sept. 2006).
* The Effects of ADHD Medication Changes on a Child Who Stutters
ADHD and Stuttering brochure from the Stuttering Association of America
Books, videos, pamphlets and a book series about stuttering which are available at the UNL Fluency Center and the Stuttering Foundation of America. In order to access some of these files, your computer must have Adobe Reader. If you do not have this free software on your personal computer (all UNL labs already have the software), just click on the button below and follow the easy, three step instructions for installation.