The Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences occupies Leverton Hall on the East Campus and Mabel Lee Hall on City Campus of the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. Leverton Hall is named after Dr. Ruth Leverton, who was professor of human nutrition at the University of Nebraska from 1937 to 1954, and later assistant director of the Human Nutrition Research Division of the USDA in Washington, DC. The three-story building houses classrooms, faculty offices, and research laboratories. Mabel Lee was a pioneer of physical education, particularly for women, in the early part of the twentieth century. In 1977, the former physical education building was renamed Mabel Lee Hall.