The Nutrition Science option provides students an opportunity to intensively study the biological and physical sciences as a basis for understanding the science of nutrition. This “pre-health” option prepares students for admission to medical, dental, nursing, physician assistant, pharmacy, chiropractic and optometry schools. The minimum course requirements for admission to these schools are included in this option. This option also prepares you to enter graduate programs in nutrition and biomedical sciences for careers in academia, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and food industry, or government. Students have the opportunity to engage in sponsored laboratory research with faculty of the department. Honors students can conduct research for their thesis or senior project with our faculty and earn distinction at graduation.
UNL Points of Distinction
- Nationally and internationally recognized faculty
- Challenging curriculum tailored to meet each student's educational plan of study
- Hands-on research experience working with a faculty member in your area of interest
- Pre-professional requirements for most healthcare and research professions
- Comprehensive preparation for graduate education
The Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences is located in Leverton Hall on East Campus. This facility contains: