Be sure to keep in mind that there are two separate application processes that need to be completed before the candidate can begin a teacher certification program. Once you have determined that you have met the minimum requirements you should:
1) Contact Joyce Richter (402) 472-8635; email@example.com for additional information and/or to make arrangements for an initial transcript review, and to plan a preliminary course of studies leading to teacher certification.
2) Make application to the Department of Graduate Studies, 1100 Seaton Hall, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588-0619, (402) 472-2878, or apply on-line at www.unl.edu/gradstudies. Candidates will apply as a non-degree student pursuing initial teacher certification. This application must be submitted before you can obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and register for classes.
3) Applicants interested in pursuing a post bac teacher education program may apply at any time during the academic calendar year. Obtain the application form from Joyce Richter. All application materials must be submitted to Student Services by the applicable application deadline for the semester in which the student wishes to enroll. Materials submitted after this deadline will be reviewed for enrollment in a later semester.
- Fall Semester - Application Deadline: July 15
- Spring Semester - Application Deadline: November 15
- Summer Session - Application Deadline: April 15
Anyone convicted of a felony or misdemeanor must contact Dr. Tom Wandzilak at (402) 472-8626 or at firstname.lastname@example.org (Mailing address: 105 Henzlik Hall, Lincoln, NE 68588-0371.)