Barkley Speech Language Hearing Clinic
Barkley Speech Language and Hearing Clinic
The UNL Barkley Speech Language and Hearing Clinic provides services for individuals with speech, language, hearing, and balance impairments. Clinic providers serve all ages and address a broad range of disorders. Services are provided by ASHA-certified speech language pathology and audiology faculty members and graduate student clinicians in our speech language pathology and audiology training programs.
Notice of Privacy Practices - English | Spanish
Please contact the Clinic at (402) 472-2071.
203A Barkley Memorial Center
4075 East Campus Loop South
PO Box 830731
Lincoln, NE 68583-0738
Fax: (402) 472-3814
Hearing and Balance Services – all agesClinic Staff Directory
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluations
- Hearing Aid Selection and Fitting
- Hearing Aid Banks (HearU Nebraska, Lions Club, Sertoma) for eligible individuals
- Infant Hearing Testing (OAE and ABR)
- Comprehensive Evaluations for Dizziness or Imbalance
- Risk of Falls Assessment
- Treatment for BPPV
Speech and Language Services – all agesClinic Staff Directory
- Speech/Language Evaluations
- Speech or Language Intervention for individuals with diagnosis of or challenges with:
- Aphasia - Learn about our Aphasia Community Partners Program.
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Brain Injury
- Complex Communication Challenges (AAC)
- English Language Learning / Accent Modification
- Fluency Disorders (Stuttering)
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Language-Literacy Challenges
- Motor Speech Disorders (e.g., Apraxia)
- Phonological / Articulation Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Clients may be seen for evaluation and therapy at off-campus sites by arrangement.
Hearing and Balance Services: The Clinic bills Medicaid, Medicare, or your insurance provider for covered services related to hearing and balance services.
Speech and Language Services: The Clinic does NOT bill Medicaid, Medicare, or insurance companies for speech or language services.
- Payment for speech evaluation is due on the day of service.
- Payment for speech therapy will be billed at the end of each month; payable immediately upon receipt.
- Payment for any balance is due in full by the end of each semester or summer session.
For questions about your bill, please call (402) 472-2068.
It is the policy of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln not to discriminate on the basis of sex, age, handicap, race, color, religion, marital status, veterans' status, national or ethnic origin in its educational programs, admissions, employment, financial aid, or other programs. Support services are available to students with disabilities.