Special Education Master of Education (M.Ed.)
If you are focused on professional education issues and want to specialize in special education, this is a good master’s degree choice for you. Choose this graduate degree if you are seeking special education endorsements.
There is one option from which to choose for your M.Ed. degree.
Option II: You must earn a minimum of 36 semester hours of credit in courses representing a major and either one or two minors. A thesis is not required. A program consisting of a major and one minor must include no fewer than 18 hours in the major and 9 hours in the minor. If two minors are elected, the major must total at least 15 hours and the minors at least 9 hours each. In either case, at least 12 of the 36 hours must be earned in courses open exclusively to graduate students (900- or 800-level without 400 or lower counterparts). At least 6 semester hours selected from education courses outside the major must be included and supporting work may be substituted for the minor(s).
Application to this program
Link to the Office of Graduate Studies Steps to Admission and submit the following:
- Online application
- TOEFL scores (International students only) (Institution code = 6877)
- Financial Resource Certification (International students only)
After submitting the online application in Part 1, you will receive an e-mail notification with your new NU ID and a temporary password with instructions on how to setup your permanent password for MyRED. Now link to GAMES using your NU ID as login and MyRED password to complete the Department application. You must enter or upload the following:
- Statement of purpose/ goals
- Prerequisite courses
- GRE scores (Institution code = 6877)
- Names and contact information for three references of your choosing. (GAMES will automatically email the specified people and request that each upload the recommendation to GAMES.)
- Assistantship / Fellowship Application (optional)
- Writing Sample (Optional)
Deadline for Applicants
January 15th. (Summer/Fall admission only)
Contact Jill England at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-472-2141 for information regarding the application process. It is your responsibility to ensure that all materials are submitted and received by the deadline.