- Department Bylaws
- Department Promotion and Tenure Guidelines
- Faculty Development Leave
- Academic Program Option Areas
- Admission Requirements
- Graduate Program
- Assignment of Course and Teaching Loads
- Budget Procedures
- Faculty Support
- Other Policies and Procedures
- Department Personnel Reference
Academic Program Option Areas
Option coordinators and program directors are responsible for meeting with faculty in their area to facilitate discussion about program issues on needed tasks related to the program. In order to adequately address the tasks related to the program, bimonthly or monthly meetings are suggested. Minutes or notes of the meeting should be distributed to option faculty members and the Department Chair prior to the next scheduled meeting. The option coordinators will chair (or co-chair) the meetings and make certain the minutes are sent to the Department Chair (through the Office Supervisor).
The current option coordinators include:
- Child Development/Early Childhood Education - Julia Torquati
- Early Childhood Education in a Mobile Society – Soo-Young Hong
- Family and Community Services - Cody Hollist
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education – Sheree Moser
- Family Financial Planning – Richard Bischoff
- Family Science –Rochelle Dalla and Cody Hollist
- Human and Family Services Administration – Rochelle Dalla
- International Family Studies – Yan Xia
- Marriage and Family Therapy – Cody Hollist
- Medical Family Therapy – Paul Springer
- Youth Development – Yan Xia
Option coordinators are responsible for scheduling option meetings and for facilitating the planning, discussion, and reporting process. They are not responsible for doing all the work pertaining to the option. All faculty members contributing to the option area are responsible for contributing equally toward the success of the option area.
Option coordinators and program coordinators will meet once each semester with the Chair and support staff to review the teaching schedule and make appropriate changes. In addition to reviewing the anticipated three-year schedule of courses, Option Coordinators discuss with the Chair the schedule of courses for current and upcoming semesters, making recommendations to the Chair for teaching assignments and potential instructors for courses that will be taught be temporary faculty. Option Coordinators must inform the Chair of funding and responsibilities of the faculty contributing to the Option area that may affect teaching schedules. (In the case of funding that results in reductions in teaching load, faculty members, must provide the WBS# pertaining to the funding source to the CYAF Office Supervisor.)
Faculty are responsible for all aspects of the programs associated with the Option areas. In addition what is identified in the previous paragraph, the Option Coordinator (with Option faculty as appropriate) will discuss the following with the Chair:
- Four-year graduation plan and feasibility of this plan.
- Expected student learning outcomes
- Review the program and courses
- Recommend new courses to meet program needs and strategic goals
- The faculty member(s) who is responsible for program-level assessment who is the PEARL leader and assistant –Notify Assistant Department Chair and Office Supervisor by the second week of classes
- The 2-3 learner outcomes the Option area will be focusing on each year
- The assessment plan and assessments used to evaluation learning outcomes
- How data and results of assessment are being used for program improvement
- Schedule of ACE course recertification and what the Option area is doing to ensure recertification.
- Proposals for new ACE courses.
Student Recruitment and Enrollment Management
- How the Option area is contributing to enrollment goals
Image and Visibility
- How others within the university, state, nation, and world view the programs and what can be done to increase program image, visibility and impact.
- Teaching best practices and innovations