REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
REQUIRED BY THE OFFICE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
- Graduate Studies Application for Admission
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- Transcripts uploaded to MyRed
- Transcripts of English Proficiency (if your native language is not English)
- Students with Graduate Assistantship can request EAP for mental health & therapy
REQUIRED BY CYAF
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (uploaded through MyRed)
- Statement of Professional Goals
- Sample of Writing (Ph.D. only)
CYAF English Proficiency Requirement: If English is not your native language, you will be required to demonstrate your ability to undertake advanced academic work in an English-speaking institution. Exception: You are a non-native English speaker who has received a bachelor's or more advanced degree either from an accredited U.S. institution or from a university outside the U.S. at which English is the official language of instruction.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Score of at least 79 (iBT). The University of Nebraska–Lincoln institution code is 6877. Send your TOEFL score report via the TOEFL website.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS): An overall band score of the academic test of at least 6.5. The general training exam is not accepted. No institutional code is needed.
Duolingo: Duolingo English Tests taken between Feb. 3, 2020 and December 31, 2021 will be accepted. Applicants who take the Duolingo English Test will also be required to take UNL’s English Language Test, upon arrival.
- TOEFL, IELTS and Duolingo scores are valid for two years.
- For more information, see UNL’s Graduate Studies web page.