- Welcome to Child, Youth and Family Studies (CYAF)
- Office Space
- Administrative Assistant Support/General Office
- Personal Behavior
- Dealing with Concerns
- Finals Schedule
- ACE Courses
- Course Evaluations
- Academic Honesty
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Mentoring of Graduate Teaching Assistants
- Crime Prevention and Safety
- UNL Alert
- Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
- Additional Resources
- Appendix A - CYAF Personnel
- Appendix B - Syllabi Checklist
- Appendix D Degree and Grade Rosters
- Appendix E Academic Honesty Policy
Dealing with Concerns
The Department Chair is your “point of contact” related to student concerns, whether these relate to how to handle a particular student or an incident in a class. Concerns might include: cheating or suspected cheating, plagiarism, falsification, etc. The Chair can help with these and other concerns. Do not hesitate to call the Chair. It is better to ask and get help quickly, rather than letting a situation worsen.
Curriculum staff member or Office Supervisor can answer questions related to requirements within the department such as ACE courses, practica, etc. Please do not hesitate to ask questions.
Your supporting faculty mentor can provide support and mentoring about class content, assignments, handling the classroom etc., but you should maintain contact with the CYAF Department Chair regarding your teaching assignment.