The title page format should be prepared in accordance with procedures as outlined in Guidebook for Preparing a Thesis or Dissertation as available at www.unl.edu/gradstudies.
- The abstract for the dissertation MUST NOT CONTAIN MORE THAN 350 WORDS in its entirety, including the number of words for the title, author, etc.
- The abstract should be placed immediately after the title page of the dissertation. DO NOT number the pages of the abstract.
- Except for the title page and abstract, number all pages in your dissertation. Number the pages in the front matter with small roman numerals. Number all pages through the body and back matter with Arabic numerals.
- The dissertation must be double spaced.
- Footnotes should be single spaced and placed at the bottom of the page to which they pertain.