- Department Bylaws
- Department Promotion and Tenure Guidelines
- Faculty Development Leave
- Academic Program Option Areas
- Admission Requirements
- Graduate Program
- Assignment of Course and Teaching Loads
- Budget Procedures
- Faculty Support
- Other Policies and Procedures
- Department Personnel Reference
Procedure for Grant Proposal Approval
All proposals for contracts, subcontracts or grants (internal or external) must be signed by the Chair and relevant Deans prior to being sent to the Office of Sponsored Programs. All external proposals must go to the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- UNL requires all faculty to use the NUgrant system when submitting all external proposals. The website is: http://nugrant.unl.edu. (To sign in, use your Blackboard username and password.) If you need assistance, please contact Ronda Alexander or Dr. Victoria Molfese.
NUgrant has an electronic signature feature and allows you to upload your files for electronic submission. Be sure to include a narrative describing the proposal, a budget and budget narrative.
- The Department Chair requires at least one day or overnight for examining the proposal. If you know when you will have a proposal due, reserve time on the Department Chair’s calendar for review.
- The Dean’s Office requires at least 24 hours to examine the proposal. If you know you are running on a tight schedule with the grant, submit the budget pages and drafts of the complete work ahead of time so they are better prepared when the final is completed.
- If you are working with grants from foundations, work with the either Jonathan Carlson or Ronda Alexander.