1980 Ph.D., Educational Administration, Ohio State University
1972 M.S., Education, Eastern Illinois University
1971 B.A., History, Saint Mary’s College
Dr. Marilyn L. Grady, professor of educational administration at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, is founder of the annual Women in Educational Leadership Conference (1987) and the founding editor of the Journal of Women in Educational Leadership (2003). She is author, coauthor, or editor of 24 books as well as more than 100 articles and book chapters.
She is recipient of the Stanley Brzezinski Research Award, the National Council of Professors of Educational Administration's Living Legend Award and The Corwin One Million Dollar Author Award. At UNL, she is recipient of the Outstanding Contributions to the Status of Women Award, Donald R. and Mary Lee Swanson Award for Teaching Excellence, the Distinguished Teaching Award, and the College of Education and Human Sciences' Faculty Student Mentoring Award. She is the mother of five.
- Journal of Women in Educational Leadership
- Contemporary Issues in Educational Leadership
- Donna Elder Inspired Leader Award, Women in Leadership Conference
- Bravo Award, The Texas Council of Women School Executives
- Living Legends Award, National Council of Professors of Educational Administration
- UNL Women's Week Award
- Big 12 Faculty Exchange in the School of Educational Studies—Leadership in Higher Education, Oklahoma State University
- Brookside High School Distinguished Alumni Award
- Fellow, Leadership Lincoln V