Graduate Degrees, Specializations, and Certificates

The Department offers two masters degrees, the Master of Arts (MA) and the Master of Education (MEd). An on-campus cohort program leads to the MA with a major in educational administration and a specialization in student affairs.  The MA for the student affairs cohort is available as option 1 (thesis) or option III (non-thesis). An MA with a major in educational administration and a focus on higher education administration is available online. The online MA is available only as option III (non-thesis). The MEd with a major in educational administration leads to administrative certificate/endorsements by the Nebraska Department of Education and is offered as a blended program, requiring completion of a 6 credit hour on campus block, the opportunity to complete a 12 hour core in either online or on campus formats, and 18 hours completed in an online format. The MEd requires the completion of a one-semester practicum in an approved setting.

The Department also offers two doctoral majors. The major in educational administration is designed for individuals who are seeking endorsement as a P-12 superintendent in Nebraska and leads to the EdD degree. The major in educational studies includes a specialization in educational leadership and higher education and leads to either the EdD or PhD degree. The educational studies major is not authorized as a program leading to P-12 administrative certification or endorsements.

Two University certificates are also offered. The Certificate of Specialization in Educational Administration and Supervision meets the standards required for endorsement as a P-12 Superintendent from the Nebraska Department of Education. A University certificate is also available in Community College Leadership and can be completed independently or in conjunction with the EdD with a major in educational studies.