Summer 2021 Professional Learning for Teachers
This summer we are offering a large menu of professional learning opportunities for teachers to make their way through at their own pace and following their own interests and learning wishes. This is the first time we are offering our content in this manner, so we hope you will communicate with us regarding any issues that may come up so that we can solve them. You can always email us at email@example.com.
The content for our summer menu of professional learning will become available on May 1, 2021, with staggered releases through July 31, 2021. To qualify for certifications of completion, your work and your request for a certificate must be submitted by July 31, 2021. Please see the list below to learn more about offerings. Click on specific professional learning modules to view inquiry questions guiding the learning content.
Professional Learning Modules
- Assessment (in the COVID context) (coming soon)
- Teaching and Learning (in the COVID context) (coming soon)
- Building Classroom Community (in the COVID context) (coming soon)
- Collaborating with Families (in the COVID context) (coming soon)
- Multicultural Education (coming soon)
- Foundations of Race in Education
- Anti-Bias Framework and Classroom Literature (coming soon)
- Teaching Multilingual Learners Online (coming soon)
- Learning Through Two Languages
- Language and Concept Development
- Second Language Acquisition
- Embracing Community Cultural Wealth Among Multilingual Learners of Migrant and Refugee Backgrounds
- Transformative Social Studies
- The Racial Healing Handbook book by Anneliese A. Singh
- How to be an Anti-Racist book by Ibram X. Kendi
- We Want to do More than Survive: Abolitionist Teaching and the Pursuit of Educational Freedom book by Bettina L. Love
- Unpack Your Impact: How Two Primary Teachers Ditched Problematic Lessons and Built a Culture-Centered Curriculum book by Naomi O’Brien & Lanesha Tab
- Cultivating Genius: An Equity Framework for Culturally and Historically Responsive Literacy book by Gholdy Muhammad
- Reading, Writing and Racism: Disrupting Whiteness in Teacher Education and in the Classroom book by Bree Picower
How does ICMEE Summer Professional Learning work?
All of the content available for FREE professional learning for teachers this summer will be available asynchronously. This means that beginning on May 1st, 2021, content will be made available via staggered release for you and your colleagues to register yourselves and all learning will be self-paced.
For each asynchronous professional learning opportunity that is available, there will be a separate registration ID number for you to use in our database. You can find information above (with additional details to be released soon) about each learning opportunity available. To begin, please register in our “Getting Started” module. Complete details for our Summer offerings, as well as individual registration IDs will be available there.
Participation in ICMEE professional learning should be flexible, meaningful and enjoyable. If there is anything the ICMEE Team can do to assist you as you engage in our professional learning please let us know!