Summer 2021 Professional Learning for Teachers
This summer we are offering a large menu of professional learning opportunities for teachers to make their way through at their own pace and following their own interests and learning wishes. This is the first time we are offering our content in this manner, so we hope you will communicate with us regarding any issues that may come up so that we can solve them. You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The content for our summer menu of professional learning will become available on May 1, 2021, with staggered releases through July 31, 2021. To qualify for certifications of completion, your work and your request for a certificate must be submitted by July 31, 2021. Please see the list below to learn more about offerings. Click on specific professional learning modules to view inquiry questions guiding the learning content.
Professional Learning Modules
- Flexible Approaches to Assessment in Changing Educational Contexts (available now, click getting started below)
- Flexible Approaches to Teaching and Learning in Changing Educational Contexts (coming soon)
- Flexible Approaches to Building Classroom Community in Changing Educational Contexts (coming soon)
- Flexible Approaches to Collaborating with Families in Changing Educational Contexts (coming soon)
- Foundations of Race in Education (available now, click getting started below)
- Anti-Bias Framework and Classroom Literature (available now, click getting started below)
- Teaching Multilingual Learners Online (coming soon)
- Translanguaging (available now, click getting started below)
- Learning Through Two Languages (available now, click getting started below)
- Language and Concept Development (available now, click getting started below)
- Second Language Acquisition (coming soon)
- Embracing Community Cultural Wealth Among Multilingual Learners of Migrant and Refugee Backgrounds (available now, click getting started below)
- Transformative Social Studies (available now, click getting started below)
- The Racial Healing Handbook by Anneliese A. Singh (available now, click getting started below)
- How to be an Anti-Racist by Ibram X. Kendi (coming soon)
- We Want to do More than Survive: Abolitionist Teaching and the Pursuit of Educational Freedom by Bettina L. Love (coming soon)
- Unpack Your Impact: How Two Primary Teachers Ditched Problematic Lessons and Built a Culture-Centered Curriculum by Naomi O’Brien & Lanesha Tab (coming soon)
- Cultivating Genius: An Equity Framework for Culturally and Historically Responsive Literacy by Gholdy Muhammad (coming soon)
- Reading, Writing and Racism: Disrupting Whiteness in Teacher Education and in the Classroom by Bree Picower (available now, get started by clicking below)
We have partnered with Indigo Bridge Book Sellers, an independent local book store in Lincoln, NE to support discounted rates to participants in our Summer 2021 Book Clubs. Please visit their site here to learn more.
How does ICMEE Summer Professional Learning work?
All of the content available for FREE professional learning for teachers this summer will be available asynchronously. This means that beginning on May 1st, 2021, content will be made available via staggered release for you and your colleagues to register yourselves and all learning will be self-paced.
For each asynchronous professional learning opportunity that is available, there will be a separate registration ID number for you to use in our database. You can find information above (with additional details to be released soon) about each learning opportunity available. To begin, please register in our “Getting Started” module. Complete details for our Summer offerings, as well as individual registration IDs will be available there.
Participation in ICMEE professional learning should be flexible, meaningful and enjoyable. If there is anything the ICMEE Team can do to assist you as you engage in our professional learning please let us know!