- Mission & Goals
- General Information
- Application Procedures
- Admission Requirements
- Estimated Expenses and Financial Aid
- Dietetic Internship Program Policies
- Scheduling and Program Calendar
- Vacation, Holiday and Absence Policies
- Credit For Prior Experience
- Educational Purpose of Supervised Practice
- Insurance Requirements
- Injury or Illness While in a Facility for Supervised Practice
- Liability for Safety in Travel to and from Assigned Areas
- Dress Code
- Access to Personal Files
- Protection of Privacy of Information
- Confidentiality of Information Obtained While Completing Experiences
- Formal Evaluation of Dietetic Intern Performance and Progress
- Reconsideration of an Evaluation
- Withdrawal and Refund of Tuition and Fees
- Reinstatement into the Program and Maximum Time Allowed to Complete the Program
- Disciplinary/Termination Procedures
- Drug Testing and Criminal Background Checks
- Program Retention and Remediation Procedures When Performance in the Program is Unsatisfactory
- Filing and Handling of Complaints/Grievance Procedures
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Non-discrimination Statement
- Access to Student Support Services
Dietetic Internship Program Policies
REQUIRED INTERNSHIP DOCUMENTATION
Interns must provide the following internship required documentation:
- An official transcript with degree posted and DPD Program Verification Statement signed by DPD Program Director.
- Proof of required immunizations and health insurance coverage.
- Completion of background check.
- Student membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Current Food Handler’s Permit for Lincoln/Lancaster County.
The internship fee of $975.00 can be submitted to Lori Rausch in LEV 110. (Intern will pay the $25.00 cost for student subscription to eNCPT.)
DIETETIC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS VERIFICATION STATEMENT
Dietetic interns must successfully complete the designated experiences and assignments related to each of the required accreditation competencies in order to receive verification of completion of the dietetic internship program. In order to receive a certificate and verification of completion of the Dietetic Internship Program:
- Dietetic interns must satisfactorily complete assignments and experiences for each rotation as designated in the curriculum plan and by the dietitians in the affiliating institutions. Satisfactory completion will be based on:
- Demonstration of entry-level knowledge and performance skills as indicated on evaluation forms documenting a level of 1, 2, or 3 for each competency evaluated.
- Demonstration of behavioral characteristics and ethics appropriate to the profession of dietetics.
- Attainment of a minimum 3.0 grade point average in graduate courses completed.
- Arrangements must be made to correct any assignments or experiences which were not satisfactorily completed.
- Dietetic interns will register for six hours of NUTR 875 Practicum in Dietetics. In order to receive a final grade, the dietetic intern must complete all aspects of the program in a satisfactory manner.
The maximum amount of time for completing the program is two years from enrollment in the fall semester prior to beginning the supervised practice component of the internship program in January of the internship year.
All interns who have successfully completed the requirements for the program will be granted a certificate and Verification Statement of completion of the internship program and will be eligible to sit for the RD examination. Each intern will receive copies of the Verification Statement along with a certificiate confirming successful completion of all program requirements. Copies of the Verification Statements will be retained by the department.