- Mission Statement and Goals/Objectives
- Accreditation Status
- Verification Statement
- Graduate Requirements
- Career Opportunities without Internship Program
- Academic Program Calendar
- Financial Information
- Student Support and Privacy
- Filing and Handling of Complaints
- Credit Toward Program Requirements
- Formal Assessment of Student Learning
- DPND Retention and Remediation Procedures
- Disciplinary/Termination Procedures
- Criminal Background Checks and Professional and Ethical Behavior
Verification Statement for Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics Requirements (beginning in 2012-2013)
In order to obtain a signed Declaration of Intent form and/or Verification Statement, students must meet the following requirements:
1. Documentation that the student will meet the minimum academic requirements for the Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (Declaration of Intent) or has completed all academic requirements (Verification Statement).
2. Overall minimum GPA of 3.0 based on all college course work completed.
3. Grades in all NUTR courses of B- or higher
4. Grades in all DPND required science courses (BIOS, CHEM, and BIOC) of C- or higher
The Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences will provide a Verification Statement of a student meeting Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics (DPND) requirements based on the program in effect in the undergraduate bulletin the student is using for graduation requirements if the student is continuously enrolled and graduates within five years. If the student cannot finish their studies within this five-year time period, they must comply with the didactic program reflected in the undergraduate bulletin currently in effect. The Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences will not accept course work to meet DPND requirements from any university/college outside the University of Nebraska system in which a grade of D-, D, or D+ was earned.
In order to receive a Verification Statement of a student meeting Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics requirements, a minimum of 15 credits from 300- or 400- level courses must be completed at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Nine of the 15 credit hours must come from three of the following classes: NUTR 450 Medical Nutrition Therapy I, NUTR 452 and 452L Medical Nutrition Therapy II and Lab, NUTR 455 Advanced Nutrition, or NUTR 473 Organization and Administration of Foodservice.
Procedure for Receipt of Verification Statement of Completion of Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics
Verification statement procedures ensure that all students completing requirements as established by the DPND, not just those applying to Dietetic Internships, receive verification statements in a timely manner.
Following every university graduation, December, May, and August-Verification Statements are prepared and mailed to students. All students graduating with a major in Nutritional Science and Dietetics-Nutrition and Dietetics option and those students with a previous bachelor’s degree who are meeting DPND requirements who have met the requirements for attainment of the Verification Statement will be sent 4 copies of signed Verification Statements to the address indicated by the student at the end of the semester/summer session. The Verification Statements will be signed and mailed once students have been cleared for graduation by the office of Registration and Records. This generally occurs within six weeks of graduation.
Additional signed copies will be maintained indefinitely in a secure location by the Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences. If students require additional copies, they can contact the DPND program director and additional copies will be provided.