6th Annual Fall Symposium
18 Sep 2020
The Nebraska Center for the Prevention of Obesity Diseases (NPOD) hosted his 6th Annual Fall Symposium on Monday, September 14, 2020. This fall’s event was delivered by Zoom.
The symposium was attended by over 100 participants.
Featured speakers were experts on the topics of energy metabolism:
- Claire Berryman, Florida State University
- Yong Xu, Baylor College of Medicine
- John R. Kirby, Medical College of Wisconsin
Here are the winners of the best poster award:
1) Tasneem Bouzid (Gradstudent - Mech. & Mat. Eng. UNL - Yung Yul Lim lab)
“FAK Regulates Adipocyte Mechanosensing and Insulin Signaling”
2) Emilia Przygrodzka (Gradstudent – UNMC – John Davis lab)
“Crucial Roles for Glycolysis and De Novo Lipogenesis for Proper Luteal Steroidogenesis”
3) Shu Wang (Postdoc - NHS - Zempleni/Auchtung lab)
“Investigating on the role of exosomes to Clostridium difficile pathogenicity”
Nebraska Center for the Prevention of Obesity Diseases