7th Annual Fall Symposium 2021
30 Sep 2021
The Nebraska Center for the Prevention of Obesity Diseases (NPOD) hosted his 7th Annual Fall Symposium on Monday, September 13, 2021. This fall’s event was delivered by Zoom.
The symposium was attended by over 70 participants.
Featured speakers were experts on the topics of "Single Cell Analysis":
- Smita Krishnaswamy, Yale School of Medicine
- Edward A. Fisher, New York University - School of Medicine
- Elin Grundberg, Children's Mercy Kansas City
Here are the winners of the best poster award:
1) Xiao Cheng – Postdoc (Dept. of Biochemistry) Xinghui Sun lab
“The role of matrin-3 in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)”
2) Afsana Khanam - Gradstudent (NHS-UNL) Janos Zempleni lab
“Class A scavenger receptor-1/2-mediated phagocytosis of bovine milk exosomes in murine bone marrow-derived macrophages and C57BL/6J mice”
3) Elisa Brosina de Leon - Postdoc (College of Public Health -UNMC) Fabiana Silva group
“Study of health in primary care of the Amazon population”
Nebraska Center for the Prevention of Obesity Diseases