Educational Studies Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
The focus of the Ph.D. program in Educational Studies is to prepare scholars for leadership roles in teaching, research and program supervision and development.
The emphasis is upon the generation of new knowledge or the reformulation of existing knowledge as a basis for the development of educational theory through research efforts. The test of knowledge is on the possible contribution to the development of educational theory, but you will also develop skills to improve educational practice.
All applicants for the doctoral program in special education are required to discuss their professional goals/interests with at least one faculty member in the department and secure faculty sponsorship before admission is awarded.
- Leadership Roles in Schools
- Research Institutes
Application to this program
Link to the Office of Graduate Studies Steps to Admission and submit the following:
- Online application
- TOEFL scores (International students only) (Institution code = 6877; Department code = 77)
- Financial Resource Certification (International students only)
After submitting the online application in Part 1, you will receive an e-mail notification with your new NU ID and a temporary password with instructions on how to setup your permanent password for MyRED. Now link to GAMES using your NU ID as login and MyRED password to complete the Department application. You must enter or upload the following:
- Statement of purpose/ goals
- Prerequisite courses
- GRE scores (Institution code = 6877; Department code = 0620)
- Names and contact information for three references of your choosing. (GAMES will automatically email the specified people and request that each upload the recommendation to GAMES.)
- Assistantship / Fellowship Application (optional)
- Writing Sample (Required)
- Advisor Support Agreement (Required)
Deadline for Applicants
March 1 for consideration of Barkley Doctoral Fellow funding; otherwise rolling admission.
Contact Jill England at email@example.com or 402-472-2141 for information regarding the application process. It is your responsibility to ensure that all materials are submitted and received by the deadline.