Come join our open house at the Barkley Memorial Center for prospective students interested in pursuing a Special Education Master's degree, Endorsement/Specialization (Special Education, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Visual Impairments or Early Childhood Special Education), or Graduate Certificate (Sensory Disabilities or Early Childhood Special Education). Meet faculty and current students; tour the building and research labs; receive a course demo; learn about funding opportunities; prepare your application; and visit with potential advisors.Register Today
When and Where?
4:30-6:30 p.m. | Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2019 | Barkley Memorial Center
On-campus students are invited to join us in the Ricketts Computer Lab (Room 317), located on the third floor of the Barkley Memorial Center. Individuals interested in our distance education programs (Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Visual Impairments or Early Childhood Special Education) are invited to join the open house remotely via Zoom video-conferencing. Just click on the Zoom link shortly before 4:30 p.m.
What will I do?
- If you are interested in an on-campus program (i.e., SPED Master's, SPED endorsement, Master's thesis), you will: meet program faculty and current students; take a tour of the building and our on-site research labs; and learn about program options, current funding, research opportunities and the application process.
- If you are interested in a distance education program (i.e., Deaf Education, Visual Impairments, Early Childhood Special Education), you will: meet program faculty and current students; take a tour of Canvas (our online learning management system); view a course demo; and learn about program options, current funding and the application process.
- All who attend will take home a "swag bag" filled with information and UNL memorabilia!
What should I bring?
- A list of questions you have about our programs.
- A copy of your undergraduate/graduate transcripts from every college/university you have attended.
|Special Education Open House Agenda|
|5:00-6:00 p.m.||Break-out Groups:|
|In-Person Programs||Distance Programs
(ECSE, DHH, VI)
|Tour of building and research labs
Program options and advisers
|Program options and advisers
|Wrap-up and Next Steps