- Koehler K, Drenowatz C. Monitoring Energy Expenditure Using a Multi-Sensor Device – Applications and Limitations in Athletic Populations. Front Physiol. 2017, 30 November 2017.
- Murphy C, Koehler K. Modulating Weight Loss and Regain through Exercise and Dietary Protein. Diabesity 2017, 3, 13-17.
- Koehler K, De Souza MJ, Williams NI. Less-than-expected weight loss in normal-weight women undergoing caloric restriction and exercise is accompanied by preservation of fat-free mass and metabolic adaptations. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2017, 71, 365-371.
- Dinkel D, Hanson C, Koehler K, Berry AA, Kyvelidou A, Bice M, Wallen J, Bagenda D, Jana L, Pressler J. An overview of assessment methodology for obesity-related variables in infants at risk. Nutr Health. 2017 [Epub ahead of print]
- Geesmann B, Gibbs JC, Mester J, Koehler K. Association Between Energy Balance and Metabolic Hormone Suppression During Ultra-Endurance Exercise. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. 2017, 12, 984-989.
- Hoerner NR, Domnik K, Koehler K, Schaenzer W, Braun H. Case Study: Hydration Intervention Improves Pre-game Hydration Status in Female Collegiate Soccer Players.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2017 [Epub ahead of print].
- Hülsemann F, Koehler K, Wittsiepe J, Wilhelm M, Hilbig A, Kersting M, Braun H, Flenker U, Schänzer W. Prediction of human dietary δ15N intake from standardised food records: validity and precision of single meal and 24-h diet data. Isotopes Environ Health Stud. 2017, 53, 356-367.
- Hülsemann F, Koehler K, Flenker U, Schänzer W. Do we excrete what we eat? Analysis of stable nitrogen isotope ratios of human urinary urea. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2017 31, 1221-1227.
- Okla M, Kim J, Koehler K, Chung S. Dietary Factors Promoting Brown and Beige Fat Development and Thermogenesis. Adv Nutr. 2017, 8, 473-483.
- Scott SP, De Souza MJ, Koehler K, Murray-Kolb LE. Combined Iron Deficiency and Low Aerobic Fitness Doubly Burden Academic Performance among Women Attending University. J Nutr. 2017, 147, 104-109.
Koehler K, Williams NI, Mallinson RJ, Southmayd EA, Allaway HC, De Souza MJ. Low resting metabolic rate in exercise-associated amenorrhea is not due to a reduced proportion of highly metabolically active tissue compartments. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2016, 311, E480-E487.
Koehler K, Hoerner NR, Gibbs JC, Zinner C, Braun H, De Souza MJ, Schaenzer W. Low energy availability in exercising men is associated with reduced leptin and insulin but not with changes in other metabolic hormones. J Sports Sci. 2016, 34, 1921-1929.
- Scott SP, De Souza MJ, Koehler K, Petkus DL, Murray-Kolb LE. Cardiorespiratory Fitness is Associated with Better Executive Function in Young Women. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2016, 48, 1994-2002.
- Mallinson RJ, Williams NI, Gibbs JC, Koehler K, Allaway HC, Southmayd E, De Souza MJ. Current and past menstrual status is an important determinant of femoral neck geometry in exercising women. Bone. 2016, 88, 101-112.
- Sareban M, Zügel D, Koehler K, Hartveg P, Zügel M, Schumann U, Steinacker JM, Treff G. Carbohydrate Intake in Form of Gel is Associated With Increased Gastrointestinal Distress but Not With Performance Differences When Compared to Liquid Carbohydrate Ingestion During Simulated Long-Distance Triathlon. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2016, 26, 114-122.
- Allaway HC, Williams NI, Mallinson RJ, Koehler K, De Souza MJ. Reductions in urinary collection frequency for assessment of reproductive hormones provide physiologically representative exposure and mean concentrations when compared with daily collection. Am J Hum Biol. 2015, 27, 358-371.
- Koehler K, Abel T, Wallmann-Sperlich B, Dreuscher A, Anneken V. Energy Expenditure in Adolescents With Cerebral Palsy: Comparison of the SenseWear Armband and Indirect Calorimetry. J Phys Act Health. 2015, 12, 540-545.
De Souza MJ, Williams NI, Nattiv A, Joy E, Misra M, Loucks AB, Matheson G, Olmsted MP, Barrack M, Mallinson RJ, Gibbs JC, Goolsby M, Nichols JF, Drinkwater B, Sanborn C, Agostini R, Otis CL, Johnson MD, Hoch AZ, Alleyne JM, Wadsworth LT, Koehler K, VanHeest J, Harvey P, Kelly AK, Fredericson M, Brooks GA, O'Donnell E, Callahan LR, Putukian M, Costello L, Hecht S, Rauh MJ, McComb J. Misunderstanding the female athlete triad: refuting the IOC consensus statement on Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport (RED-S). Br J Sports Med. 2014, 48, 1461-1465.
Geesmann B, Mester J, Koehler K. Energy balance, macronutrient intake, and hydration status during a 1,230 km ultra-endurance bike marathon. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2014, 24, 497-506.
- Koehler K, Braun H, de Marees M, Geyer H, Thevis M, Mester J, Schaenzer W. Glycerol administration before endurance exercise: metabolism, urinary glycerol excretion and effects on doping-relevant blood parameters. Drug Test Anal. 2014, 6, 202-209.
- Wahl P, Mathes S, Köhler K, Achtzehn S, Bloch W, Mester J. Effects of active vs. passive recovery during Wingate-based training on the acute hormonal, metabolic and psychological response. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2013, 23, 201-208.
Koehler K, Thevis M, Schaenzer W. Meta-analysis: Effects of glycerol administration on plasma volume, haemoglobin, and haematocrit. Drug Test Anal. 2013, 5, 896-899.
Wahl P, Mathes S, Köhler K, Achtzehn S, Bloch W, Mester J. Acute metabolic, hormonal, and psychological responses to different endurance training protocols. Horm Metab Res. 2013, 45, 827-833.
Huelsemann F, Koehler K, Braun H, Schaenzer W, Flenker U. Human dietary δ(15)N intake: representative data for principle food items. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2013, 152, 58-66.
Koehler K, Achtzehn S, Braun H, Mester J, Schaenzer W. Comparison of self-reported energy availability and metabolic hormones to assess adequacy of dietary energy intake in young elite athletes. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2013, 38, 725-733.
- Koehler K, de Marees M, Braun H, Schaenzer W. Evaluation of two portable sensors for energy expenditure assessment during high-intensity running. European journal of sport science. 2013, 13, 31-41.
Koehler K, Braun H, Achtzehn S, Hildebrand U, Predel HG, Mester J, Schänzer W. Iron status in elite young athletes: gender-dependent influences of diet and exercise. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2012, 112, 513-523.
Koehler K, Huelsemann F, de Marees M, Braunstein B, Braun H, Schaenzer W. Case study: simulated and real-life energy expenditure during a 3-week expedition. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2011, 21, 520-526.
Koehler K, Braun H, de Marees M, Geyer H, Thevis M, Mester J, Schaenzer W. Urinary excretion of exogenous glycerol administration at rest. Drug Test Anal. 2011, 3, 877-882.
Koehler K, Braun H, de Marées M, Fusch G, Fusch C, Schaenzer W. Assessing energy expenditure in male endurance athletes: validity of the SenseWear Armband. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2011, 43, 1328-33.
Sperlich B, Koehler K, Holmberg HC, Zinner C, Mester J. Table tennis: cardiorespiratory and metabolic analysis of match and exercise in elite junior national players. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. 2011, 6, 234-242.
- Sperlich B, De Marées M, Koehler K, Linville J, Holmberg HC, Mester J. Effects of 5 weeks of high-intensity interval training vs. volume training in 14-year-old soccer players. J Strength Cond Res. 2011, 25, 1271-1278.
Koehler K, Braun H, De Marees M, Fusch G, Fusch C, Mester J, Schaenzer W. Parallel assessment of nutrition and activity in athletes: validation against doubly labelled water, 24-h urea excretion, and indirect calorimetry. J Sports Sci. 2010, 28, 1435-1449.
- Huelsemann F, Flenker U, Koehler K, Schaenzer W. Effect of a controlled dietary change on carbon and nitrogen stable isotope ratios of human hair. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2009, 23, 2448-54.
- Braun H, Koehler K, Geyer H, Kleiner J, Mester J, Schanzer W. Dietary supplement use among elite young German athletes. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2009, 19, 97-109.
- Koehler K, Parr MK, Geyer H, Mester J, Schänzer W. Serum testosterone and urinary excretion of steroid hormone metabolites after administration of a high-dose zinc supplement. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2009, 63, 65-70.
Braun H, Geyer H, Koehler K. Meat products as potential doping traps? Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2008, 18, 539-542.
Geyer H, Parr MK, Koehler K, Mareck U, Schänzer W, Thevis M. Nutritional supplements cross-contaminated and faked with doping substances. J Mass Spectrom. 2008, 43, 892-902.
Parr MK, Koehler K, Geyer H, Guddat S, Schänzer W. Clenbuterol marketed as dietary supplement. Biomed Chromatogr. 2008, 22, 298-300.