Middle & High School Teachers! Apply for Code.org Teacher Professional Learning Program 2018-19 Now!
January 16 - March 30
We're excited to announce that applications for Code.org's Professional Learning Programs for CS Principles (Grades 6-10) and CS Discoveries (Grades 9-12) are now open! If your school plans to offer these courses in 2018-19 AND if you will be teaching either course, you qualify to apply for the program.
Code.org's Professional Learning Programs are intensive, year-long professional learning programs for middle and high school educators who are interested in teaching Code.org's CS Discovieries (Grades 6-10) or CS Principles (Grades 9-12) course. These programs are designed to prepare educators to provide high quality instruction based on the curriculum, tools, and approach to students in their classrooms. Those programs are free and all expenses including flights, hotel, meals, etc. during the training are also covered. Note: We will not pay for your out-of-school time during the training.
Teachers who apply and are accepted to the program commit to:
- Attending TeacherCon - i.e., a five-day, in-person summer workshop
- TeacherCon Atlanta: June 17-22 in Atlanta, GA
- Note: If you have a schedule conflict, but have a strong wish to be part of the program, we advise you to apply and contact us about it so we can put you on a waitlist for TeacherCon Phonix, July 22-27 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Attending four local one-day, in-person workshops (normally on Saturdays)
- Teaching the course during the 2018-19 school year (requires the principal approval)
- Supporting the recruitment and enrollment of a diverse group of students in the course, representative of the school's overall student population
CS Discoveries Professional Learning Program CS Principles Professional Learning Program
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Apply to Become a Code.org Facilitator
Early November - December
We’re seeking candidates interested in joining the Code.org Facilitator Development Program for the 2018-19 school year, which is a highly-selective professional learning program designed to prepare and support facilitators to deliver high-quality professional development on Code.org’s curriculum. For more information, visit our Facilitator page.
Application for the Program for the 2018-2019 school year will open soon starting in early November, 2017. The application will close in December, 2017. Once accepted, you will join the Program for the 2018-2019 school year. If you are interested in joining in 2018-19, sign up below to be added to our contact list.Join our contact list
Join Us at Hour of Code 2017
Sat., December 9, 2017
9AM - Noon
UNL Innovation Campus
Visit Event Website!
Come to learn how to code! Visit over 20 interactive booths and visit mentors from local technology companies to help you get started in programming. Please bring your own computing device (laptop, tablet or smart phone). A limitied number of computing devices will be available for use. For more information, visit the event website!