Code.org CSD/CSP applications are now open!
Computer Science Education in Nebraska!
Computer Science Training for Inservice and Preservice Teachers!
Anyone can learn to teach computer science!
Computer Science Professional Learning Opportunities
CSPD for K-12 Teachers
New to computer science? Start with Code.org!
- NO CS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- With Code.org's comprehensive CS curricula, teaching platform (CodeStudio), lesson plans, instructional materials, hands-on training run by our Code.org certified & trained facilitators, and ongoing community support, if you didn't have any background knowledge of computer technology, computer science, whatever the case may be, you can successfully teach these courses!
CSForAll: Adapt, Implement, and Research at Nebraska (AIR@NE)
- This is an NSF-funded grant that examines the adaptation and implementation of a validated K-8 Computer Science curriculum in diverse school districts. The primary goal is to study how districts facing different contextual challenges, including rural schools, majority-minority schools, and Native American reservation schools, adapt the curriculum to fit local needs and strengths to broaden participation in computer science.
- Applications are now being accpeted and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all spots are filled. For questions, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEAC 490/890 Creative Coding for Teachers!
- This online mini summer session (June 14 - July 7) is a collaboration between TLTE and the Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Art and introduces you to writing code in the context of the emerging media arts. We will learn to read and write code in the programming language P5.js. While we become comfortable with key programming concepts, we will build digital and interactive artworks. Students will reflect on their creative coding process, and respond to the creative and technical work of peers.
CSEd Event Calendar
More CSEd Resources
47% of K-12 schools in Nebraska teach Computer Science!
- 99 out of 202 middle schools (49.01%) in Nebraska teach CS.
- 136 out of 270 high schools (50.37%) in Nebraska teach CS.