Merchandising Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Merchandising integrates the application of planning and management principles, the perspective of history and the science of textile chemistry in a rich, challenging learning environment. State-of-the-industry software including inventory control information systems, spreadsheet analysis and 3D Visual Merchant prepare you for a career in a technology-dominated workplace.
The program emphasizes textiles, basic design, and fashion theory, as well as basic skills and techniques in production and distribution of textiles and apparel. You will also complete a business minor through UNL's College of Business Administration. This collaboration between the two colleges requires that students maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA. Upon graduation, you will be prepared for careers in product development, promotion, visual merchandising and the buying and selling of textiles and apparel products.
- The Buckle corporate headquarters, Kearney, NE (several alumni in merchandising, design and product development)
- Artful Dodger, ROC Apparel Group LLC, NYC (sales)
- Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (management training)
- Saks Fifth Avenue, NYC (assistant buyer)
- J. Crew corporate, NYC (merchandising manager)
- J.C. Penney corp. headquarters, Plano, TX (management/merchandising/product development)
- Stella Boutique, Lincoln, NE (founded/operated by alumni)
- Joe Fresh, NYC / Canada (design and product development, marketing and merchandising)
- Tomboy, Inc., Kansas City, MO (assistant technical designer)