Textile Science Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Textile Science integrates the development, acquisition, distribution and utilization of textiles. This option brings together the study of basic sciences and technologies, application of management principles, the perspective of history as well as the fine art of design in a rich, challenging learning environment.
Textile Science is a challenging field where research and diligence pay off in new technologies and innovative products that can improve the comfort, safety and convenience of consumers. The Textile Science option provides you with a broad knowledge base in both the physical and social sciences, as related to the study of textiles, clothing and design. Textile Science coursework is complimented by courses in merchandising, product development, and the historical, cultural and psychological aspects of textiles and dress. You may pursue a minor in chemistry by completing 24 credit hours in that area. This option will prepare you for advanced studies or a career in textiles and clothing such as production, testing or technical service.
- Guilford Performance Textiles, Kenansville, NC (quality engineer)
- Guangdong Esquel Textiles Co., Ltd., China (research and development)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Alexandria, VA (patent examiner)
- Whirlpool Corp., Benton Harbor, MI (senior consumer scientist)
- Cabela's corp. headquarters, Sidney, NE (textile & apparel designer, quality control, data management)
- Huafu Top Dyed Melange Yarn Co., Ltd, China (general manager)
- Freudenberg Nonwovens, Hopkinsville, NY (quality control engineer)