National Council of Instructional Administrators
The National Council of Instructional Administrators is the affiliate council in the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) that serves as the voice for instructional administrators and instructional administration.
Richard Hall, VPAA
NWCCD – Sheridan College
NCIA Workshop for Aspiring Chief Academic Officers
July 15 – 16, 2016
When asked how Dr. Hall prepared for the VP position, he responded: “I also took advantage of an opportunity to attend the NCIA
Workshop for Academic Leaders …”
Dr. Hall will be sharing his experience as a member of our CAO panel at the workshop.
The National Council of Instructional Administrators (NCIA) is an affiliate council of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), dedicated to serving the needs of professionals involved in instructional administration in the community college. NCIA is housed at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln and works in cooperation with the community college leadership program at UNL. NCIA is committed to promoting professional development and enhancing the performance of instructional administrators and serving as the national voice for the involvement of community college instructional administrators in policy planning and decision making.
NCIA is committed to the following purposes:
- To make recommendations to the Members and to the American Association of Community Colleges on matters related to instructional administration in two-year colleges
- To conduct studies and surveys of Member needs to assist in planning professional development and programming activities
- To analyze various techniques of program development and implementation in two-year colleges; serve as a clearinghouse for those techniques found to be particularly effective; compile and disseminate such information to the membership and other interested personnel through workshops, professional meetings and publications
- To provide for the collection and presentation of two-year college instructional administrative matters and/or concerns to appropriate professional
- To provide a positive force regionally and nationally, to heighten public understanding of the goals and objectives of the community college
Department of Educational Administration
141 Teachers College Hall
PO Box 880360
University of Nebraska—Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0360