The mission of the National Council of Instructional Administrators (NCIA) is dedicated to supporting the needs of community college academic administrators through professional development, and serving as a national voice in policy planning and decision making.
The National Council of Instructional Administrators (NCIA) is housed at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln (UNL) and works in cooperation with the community college leadership program at UNL. NCIA is an affiliate council in the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC).
NCIA is committed to the following purposes:
- To conduct studies and surveys of Member needs to assist in planning professional development and programming activities
- To analyze various techniques of program development and implementation in two-year colleges; serve as a clearinghouse for those techniques found to be particularly effective; compile and disseminate such information to the membership and other interested personnel through workshops, professional meetings and publications
- To provide for the collection and presentation of two-year college instructional administrative matters and/or concerns to appropriate professional organizations
- To provide a positive force regionally and nationally, to heighten public understanding of the goals and objectives of the community college
- To make recommendations to the Members and to the American Association of Community Colleges on matters related to instructional administration in two-year colleges
Click on the links to access information on recent job openings at NCIA member institutions. If you are a current NCIA member and have job openings you would like to advertise, simply email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Educational Administration
141 Teachers College Hall
PO Box 880360
University of Nebraska—Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0360