Steps for Applying to the Consortium
You MUST complete the APPIC Application for Psychology Internship (AAPI Online) in full. The online application is available on the APPIC website http://www.appic.org/AAPI-APPA.
You may apply to up to five (5) Consortium sites and/or programs. Boys Town, Catholic Social Services, and Munroe-Meyer Institute are sites with more than one program. You may submit your application to no more than five (5) NICPP APPIC program codes.
When you designate the NICPP program in your APPI Online, indicate the site(s)/program(s) to which you are applying in the Programs box located in the Internship Program Designation window immediately below Site #1416 NEBRASKA INTERNSHIP CONSORTIUM LINCOLN. Sites/Programs are listed by their Match numbers and program descriptions:
- Department of Health and Human Services Beatrice (DHHS): 141611 - Department of Health and Human Services NE
- Boys Town:
- Boys Town Omaha - Child & Adolescent Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic Track (BT-RES): 141613
- Boys Town Omaha - Academic & Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic Track (BT-AC): 141622
- Boys Town Omaha - Adult Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic Track (BT-AD):141623
- Boys Town Omaha - Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic East Track (BT-BHE): 141621
- Catholic Social Services (CSS): 141612
- Center for Health and Counseling – Creighton University (CHC): 141616 - Creighton Univ. Center for Health & Counseling
- Munroe-Meyer Institute:
- Munroe-Meyer Institute - Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders Program (MMI-CASD): 141615
- Munroe-Meyer Institute - Behavioral Pediatrics Program (MMI-BPIC): 141617
- Munroe-Meyer Institute - Rural Integrated Care Program North/Central (MMI-RICN): 141614
- Munroe-Meyer Institute - Rural Integrated Care Program West (MMI-RICW): 141620
- Nebraska Medicine Psychology Department (NMPD):
- Health Psych Track (NMPD-HP): 141629
- Primary Care Track (NMPD-PC): 141624
- QLI (QLI): 141619 - QLI TBI/CVA/SCI Rehabilitation
- In one cover letter addressed to the co-directors, Dr. Keith Allen and Dr. Dennis McChargue, please specify the sites/programs to which you are applying in the first paragraph, and explain why you are applying to each of the sites that you have selected in subsequent paragraphs. You may use the following abbreviations: BSDC, BT-AC, BT-AD, BT-RES, BT-BHE, CHC, MMI-BPIC, MMI-CASD, MMI-RICN, MMI-RICW, NMPD-HP, NMPD-PC, QLI.
Include three letters of recommendation and your Curriculum Vitae in your APPI Online.
Send official copies of ALL graduate transcripts to the AAPI Online Service. Do not send undergraduate transcripts.
The agency or agencies that you have selected will consider your application.
All Consortium application materials must be uploaded by November 1, 2018. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Employment will be contingent on satisfactory completion of a background check.
Interviews will be conducted only with those applicants invited by NICPP. Interviews are scheduled for all sites at a central location on two dates in January and NICPP will assign a date and time to each applicant invited to interview. Interviews for prospective 2019-2020 interns will be held on Friday, January 4, and Friday, January 11, 2019. Open houses at the various Consortium site locations will be on the preceding Thursdays, January 3 and January 10, 2019. Creighton University Center for Health and Counseling requires Open House attendance as part of its interview. Attendance at other sites' open house events is strongly recommended, but not required. While it is strongly recommended that applicants invited to interview try to attend one of the Consortium interview days and the open houses, we recognize that this may not be feasible for all applicants. Opportunities for rescheduling on interview days, or for alternate on-site interview dates, are not guaranteed and are made available at the sole discretion of the site-based Training Director. Applicants who are unable to attend the interview days should contact the site-based Training Director(s) and the NICPP Administrative Assistant to discuss whether an alternative interview date can be arranged.
Complete information on the Matching Program is available at www.appic.org/Match/About-The-APPIC-Match. This internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any intern applicant.
Questions about application procedures should be directed to the Consortium Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.