The following resources will help to expand your knowledge and understanding of how to be a role model for healthy eating.
More About EAT Family Style
To learn more about the EAT Family Style program, refer to the following article by Dr. Dipti Dev and colleagues:
Learn more about how to implement responsive feeding practices and engage with children during mealtimes by using the resources below:
MyPlate is a helpful graphic with the intent to prompt consumers to think about building a healthy plate at meal times and to seek more information to help them do that by going to ChooseMyPlate.gov. The MyPlate icon emphasizes the fruit, vegetable, grains, protein foods, and dairy groups. The following resources provide information specific to MyPlate:
Use the resources below to serve children healthy meals and snacks and involve them in the fun of cooking!
Use the resources below communicate about nutrition and health to the families you serve.
- UR What U Eat: Go, Slow, Whoa Handout
- Ellyn Satter’s Division of Responsibility in Feeding
- Ellyn Satter’s Mealtime Moves and Countermoves
- Feeding Infants in the Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs
- Nibbles for Health: Nutrition Newsletters for Parents of Young Children
Get kids excited about healthy food by utilizing the nutrition education curricula below in your child care program!