An International Experience That Will Change Your Life#CYAFAnubhuti
The Department of Child, Youth and Family Studies, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and Jain Irrigation Systems, Ltd. are sponsoring a rich immersion international engagement experience working with children and teachers at Anubhuti Schools in Jalgaon, India. We are looking for four adventurous students who are looking for an international experience that will change their lives.
Students are currently en route to India. Updates incoming!
This will be the fourth year that we have sponsored this experience for students! Check out blogs and videos of their experiences below!
A boarding school for children grades 5-11 (ages 10-17). It sits on 100 acres of land adjacent to the serene Jain Hills campus, the headquarters of Jain Irrigation.
A day school for elementary school children (ages 5-10). This school is for children who lack opportunity for high-quality education. It is located within the city of Jalgaon, a short drive from the Jain Hills complex. UNL students will be assigned to a classroom here to observe and assist.
Jain Irrigation Provides:
- Transportation to and from Aurangabad, India.
- A comfortable room at the Jain Hills complex on the Anubhuti I campus.
- Three meals a day.
- Daily transportation to and from Anubhuti I and II.
- Occasional weekend excursions to the cultural sites near Jalgaon.
- Warm hospitality and careful attention to needs.
- Assistance in applying for the appropriate Indian visa.
- Pre-trip and post-trip meetings.
- Scholarships to assist with airfare and an end-of-trip excusion to New Delhi and Agra.
- Hotel accomodations upon arrival in Mumbai.
- A faculty member to accompany the group to Jalgaon for a soft handoff.
- A faculty member to accompany the students from Jalgaon back to the United States.
- India is a difficult travel country.
- Students need to understand the ethos of Jain Hills and Anubhuti schools and need to agree to respect these traditions and beliefs.
- Exclusively vegetarian diet, no alcohol, no smoking, standard for dress that is different from that of the United States.
- Limited evening and weekend activity options.
- Limited internet access.
- Students must be able to tolerate seeing conditions that by United States standards would be considered unsanitary. They must be able to walk at least one mile and climb several flights of stairs unaided. Elevators, curb cutouts, etc. are not common in Jalgaon.