Research is an important element of the offerings at the Barkley Center. The diversity of research conducted provides the students enrolled in the Special Education and Communication Disorders programs an opportunity to enrich their educational experience. Students are encouraged to work with faculty on projects as well as to pursue their own research under faculty supervision and guidance.
In addition, the department's research helps the faculty/staff better serve the clientele of the Barkley Speech Language and Hearing Clinic.
Research and Special Projects at the Barkley Memorial Center include:
- Academy for Child and Family Well Being (ACFW)
- AAC Translation Lab
- Amplification and Perception Laboratory
- Bilingual Early Language and Literacy Lab
- Cochlear Implant Research Lab
- Communication Neuroscience Laboratories
- The Concussion and Vestibular Evaluation Laboratory
- Erudite Digital Learning Lab
- Neuroimaging for Language, Literacy, and Learning Lab (NL3)
- Sensorimotor Integration for Swallowing and Communication Lab