Elementary Education (K-6) Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
CEHS offers a nationally recognized Elementary Teacher Education Program. Students enrolled in this program earn a Bachelor of Science in Education with certification to teach in grades K-6. This is an on-campus degree program.
About the Program
The Elementary Teacher Education Program is designed to
- Build meaningful links between your previous learning experiences and elementary learning environments
- Enable you to build upon the knowledge gained in university classrooms by experiencing it in the elementary learning environment
- Exemplify the relationship between theory and practice, as explained in the Scholar-Practitioner Model, by offering a series of three field experiences taken in conjunction with other education courses
- Develop you as a cutting-edge educator in reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies guided by experts in the field in blending education theory, sound research practice, and practical teaching experience
- Prepare you to confidently teach to provide educational leadership in your school and community, culminated during the student teaching semester.
- Elementary school teacher
- Community-based youth educator
- Business or corporate youth educator
- Youth coach