Elementary Education (K-6) Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
We offer a nationally recognized Elementary Teacher Education Program. Students enrolled in this program earn a Bachelor of Science in Education with certification to teach in grades K-6. This is an on-campus degree program.
About the Program
The Elementary Teacher Education Program is designed to
- Build meaningful links between previous learning experiences and elementary learning environments,
- Enable building upon the knowledge gained in university classrooms by experiencing it in the elementary learning environment,
- Exemplify the relationship between theory and practice through five (5) field experiences taken in conjunction with other education courses,
- Develop cutting-edge educators in reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies guided by experts in the field in blending education theory, sound research practice, and practical teaching experience,
- Prepare pre-service teachers to teach confidently and provide educational leadership in schools and communities during the student teaching semester.
- Elementary school teacher
- Community-based youth educator
- Business or corporate youth educator
- Youth coach