THE TEACHER SCHOLARS ACADEMY will grow the next generation of diverse educators that will lead the way for educational change. The program aim is to prepare the teachers who will be the backbone of school transformation, reflective thinkers who will continue to grow and develop beyond their degree. We intend that teachers who emerge from the academy will be engaged in ways that prepare students for the future.
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln Teacher Scholars Academy will support the preparation of exceptional teacher/leaders who:
- Are effective and confident in facilitating learning for all of Nebraska’s students.
- Can promote learning in a variety of settings using inquiry, creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration.
- Will become a generation of teacher leaders who will motivate schools to innovate
- Will, in turn, create a generation of students ready to fully participate in and lead society.
Applications for Fall 2021 opens on October 1st and will close February 1st. Specific application information coming soon!
Inquiries about the Teacher Scholars Academy can be submitted here:
Year 1 Highlights
- Join a cohort of prospective teachers across 3 colleges and 5 departments
- Enroll in the Teacher Scholars Academy seminar in the first semester
- Participate in mentoring with upper-class students and UNL Faculty
- Connect with UNL Teacher Education Faculty in the first semester
- Develop and enhance leadership skills
- Cohort living other Scholars in one of University Housing’s residence halls during the first year
- Engage in Nebraska’s communities and schools through service-learning
- Collaborate with other Scholars to achieve learning goals and outcomes
- High school seniors who will be a first-year student
- Demonstrated good academic performance
- Students intending to major in a teacher education program
- 3-5 minute personal video
- On campus interviews
- Meet all teaching program requirements and courses as determined by your approved teacher preparation major and course plan, on an adequate progression timeline as determined by the Faculty and Academic Advisors
- Complete service and research requirements as determined by the Coordinator and Faculty
- Attend all workshops and learning opportunities as determined by the Coordinator and Faculty
- Participate in all seminars associated with the Academy as determined by the Coordinator and Faculty; register for Teacher Scholars Academy section of EDPS 097 for 0 credit hours during New Student Enrollment
For more details, please see the 2019-2020 Teacher Scholars Academy Scholarship Details
EARLY EDUCATION AND ELEMENTARY
- Special Education
- Elementary Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Inclusive Early Childhood
- Foreign Languages
- Business, Marketing, and Information Technology
- Family Consumer Science
- Skilled and Technical Sciences
- Special Education
- Social Sciences