CEHS International Studies Minor
The CEHS International Studies minor can help you distinguish yourself from the competition as you seek your first professional post-graduate position or apply for graduate school.
Who is eligible for it? UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS WHO ARE . . .
- At the University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Interested in or have participated in an international or domestic work/study experience
- Looking to stand out in any field
How do I earn it? 18 CREDIT HOURS . . . OR LESS!
If you’ve participated in an education abroad experience or taken some of the required courses, this minor will take you less than 18 credits!
Talk to your advisor soon! The earlier you add this minor, the fewer additional hours it will take you to complete it.
Why do I need it? EXPERIENCE WITH GLOBAL DIVERSITY GIVES YOU AN EDGE
- No matter what your degree or profession is, having globally diverse experiences will give you an edge over the competition in your field.
- No matter where you work, whether it’s Lincoln or Lisbon, you will encounter diverse people in today’s globally-connected world.
- No matter which classes you choose, this minor will help you stand out to potential employers.
What will I learn? 3 OUTCOMES FROM THIS MINOR
- Global Self-Awareness
You will address significant issues in the world, and you will learn how these issues are related to your individual decision-making.
- Human Ecosystem
You will study the culturally specific ways in which children/youth, families, schools, and communities are viewed and services to them are provided.
- International Dimensions
You will understand and be able to articulate how the discipline of your major (or one of your majors) is viewed and practiced in another culture.
Contact Eric or your advisor to apply for the International Studies Minor.
For more information about the International Studies Minor, contact Jim.