OPPORTUNITY. REPUTATION. IMPACT. Our mission is to expand expertise on teaching and learning through informed practice, engaged research, and purposeful collaboration.
Do you have a bachelor’s degree and would like to join the teaching profession?
We have a pathway for you!
Learn more about our initial teacher certification pathways.
Our Core Values
Robust teacher preparation and life-long professional development have the power to transform the lives of individuals, families, and communities.
By engaging students, educators, and partners in our teaching, research, outreach, and service, we enact the following values:
Knowledge and Innovation
- We innovate curriculum, pedagogy, and scholarship to address emerging educational challenges and opportunities.
- We engage in subject matter knowledge and deep learning across the humanities and sciences.
Diversity and Social Justice
- We practice democratic and civic engagement to achieve social justice through collaborative and restorative practices.
- We welcome, encourage, respect, support, and include diverse peoples and perspectives.
Ethics and Community
- We build ethical communities with agency, empathy, care, and honesty.
- We create and maintain partnerships with schools and communities.
Undergraduate DegreesConnect with Admissions
- Elementary Education (K-6) Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Secondary Education (7-12) Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Graduate DegreesConnect with Graduate Studies
- Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education Master of Education (M.Ed.) (online)
- Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education Graduate Minor
- Educational Studies Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Educational Studies Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
- Graduate Certificates Certificate
- Initial Teaching Certification and Added Teaching Endorsements
Our alumni are making a difference in people’s lives.
Families. Schools. Communities. This is where our alumni are at work. You’ll get the experiences you need to make an impact there, too.