OPPORTUNITY. REPUTATION. IMPACT. That’s what students gain in their teacher education programs. From their first semester on campus, students can be in a K-12 classroom—experience that will equip them with the skills needed to make an impact and provide employment opportunities immediately following graduation. In fact, Nebraska schools tell us that they seek TLTE students as educators because not only do they come from programs with an excellent reputation, they also consistently show they are well prepared for the challenges of the teaching profession.
Our mission statement, Preparing teachers for tomorrow's communities, embodies recognition of all students for whom we have a responsibility to serve.
Robust teacher preparation and life-long professional development have the power to transform the lives of individuals, families, and communities.
By engaging students, educators, and partners in our teaching, research, outreach, and service, we enact the following values:
Knowledge and Innovation
- We innovate curriculum, pedagogy, and scholarship to address emerging educational challenges and opportunities.
- We engage in subject matter knowledge and deep learning across the humanities and sciences.
Diversity and Social Justice
- We practice democratic and civic engagement to achieve social justice through collaborative and restorative practices.
- We welcome, encourage, respect, support, and include diverse peoples and perspectives.
Ethics and Community
- We build ethical communities with agency, empathy, care, and honesty.
- We create and maintain partnerships with schools and communities.