- Wang L, Sadri M, Giraud D, Zempleni J. RNase H2-dependent PCR and elimination of confounders in sample collection, storage and analysis strengthen evidence that microRNAs in bovine milk are bioavailable in humans. J Nutr 148:153-159, 2018 [Editor’s pick; see commentary by Kendal Hirshi on page 5 in the same issue]
- D. Yoo, A. W. Magsam, A. M. Kelly, P. S. Stayton, F. M. Kievit*, A. J. Convertine*. Core crosslinked nanoparticles reduce neuroinflammation and improve outcome in a mouse model of traumatic brain injury. ACS Nano 11, 8600-11. doi: 10.1021/acsnano.7b03426 (2017). *co-corresponding author.
- Zempleni J, Aguilar-Lozano A, Sadri M, Manca S, Wu D, Zhou F, Mutai E, Sukreet S. Biological activities of extracellular vesicles and their cargos from bovine and human milk in humans and implications for infants. J Nutr 147:3-10, 2017
- Zempleni J. Milk exosomes: beyond dietary microRNAs. Nutr Genes 12:12, 2017
- Cui J, Zhou B, Ross S, Zempleni J. Nutrition, microRNAs and human health. Minireview based on the symposium “Nutrition, microRNAs and human health” held 5 April 2016 at the ASN Scientific Sessions and Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology 2016 in San Diego, CA. The symposium was sponsored by the American Society for Nutrition (ASN), and the ASN Nutrition Science Council. Adv Nutr 8:105-112, 2017
- Pannier A, Kelly A, Plautz S, Zempleni J. Glucocorticoid cell priming enhances transfection outcomes in adult human mesenchymal stem cells. Mol Ther 24:331-341, 2016
- Jati Kusuma R, Manca S, Friemel T, Sukreet S, Nguyen C, Zempleni J. Human vascular endothelial cells transport foreign exosomes from cow’s milk by endocytosis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 310:C800-C807, 2016
- Cordonier EL, Jarecke SK, Hollinger FE, Zempleni J. Inhibition of acetyl-CoA carboxylases by soraphen A prevents lipid accumulation and adipocyte differentiation in 3T3-L1 cells. Eur J Pharmacol 780:202-208, 2016
- Pinto JT, Zempleni J. Nutrition information brief – riboflavin. Adv Nutr 7:973-975, 2016
- Howard KM, Jati Kusuma R, Baier SR, Friemel T, Markham L, Vanamala J, Zempleni J. Loss of miRNAs during processing and storage of cow’s (Bos taurus) milk. J Agr Food Chem 63:588-592, 2015
- Wolf T, Baier SR, Zempleni J. The intestinal transport of bovine milk exosomes is mediated by endocytosis in human colon carcinoma Caco-2 cells and rat small intestinal IEC-6 cells. J Nutr 145:2201-2206, 2015 [Teresa A. Davis, Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of Nutrition, has selected this article as the Editor’s Pick for Volume 145 Issue 10 of the journal. The article was featured on the journal website at http://jn.nutrition.org, and in the member newsletter.]
- Cordonier EL*, Adjam R*, Camara Teixeira D, Onur S, Zbasnik R, Read PE, Döring F, Schlegel VL, Zempleni J. (*contributed equally). Resveratrol compounds inhibit human holocarboxylase synthetase and cause a lean phenotype in Drosophila melanogaster. J Nutr Biochem 26:1379-1384, 2015
- Chiang K, Shu J, Zempleni J, Cui J. Dietary MicroRNA Database (DMD): an archive database and analytic tool for food-borne microRNAs. PLoS ONE 10:e0128089, 2015
- Zempleni J, Baier SR, Hirschi K. Diet-responsive microRNAs are likely exogenous [letter to the editor] J Biol Chem 289:25197, 2015.
- Zempleni J, Baier SR, Howard KM, Cui J. Gene regulation by dietary microRNAs. In: Nutrients/natural product (nutraceutical) control of metabolic pathways in relation to the metabolic syndrome (Dakshinamurti, K, Zempleni J, guest editors). Can J Physiol Pharmacol 93:1097-1102, 2015