The Big Red Leader tuition remission program offers reduced tuition rates for Nebraska resident students in P-12 School Leadership programs leading to an endorsement.
Our P-12 School Leadership programs include the M.Ed., Ed.D., and administrative endorsements for the principalship, superintendency, and special education supervisor. The Big Red Leader tuition remission program provides a 15% tuition discount to P-12 school leadership students who meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Hold a previous degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL).
• Serve in rural and/or underserved area in Nebraska.
We define underserved as buildings/districts receiving Title I support.
We define rural school as:
• School/district is a member of the Nebraska Rural Community Schools Association (NRCSA).
• Located in an area classified by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) as rural or town.
Other Program Requirements
- Must have completed at least two years teaching experience
- Must maintain consecutive enrollment (fall, spring, summer) upon admission
Per the UNL Office of Graduate Studies, students who do not enroll in classes during three consecutive terms will have their programs discontinued and will have to reapply for admission at regular rates.
- Must remain in good academic standing for the duration of the graduate program.
Resident Standard Tuition Rate
15% reduction in graduate tuition rates
Current resident rate: $357/credit hour
The Big Red Leader tuition remission program rate: $303.45/credit hour
The Big Red Leader tuition remission program is a mutually exclusive program and cannot be combined with any other tuition remission program.
Master’s/administrative endorsement students may receive the remission for three consecutive years.
MEd/administrative endorsement applications due April 1 for summer start.
Doctoral/superintendent endorsement students may receive the remission for five consecutive years.
P-12 EdD/Supt endorsement applications due January 15 for summer start.