SLP/AUD Open Houses
Come join a tour for prospective Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology students at the Barkley Memorial Center. Tour our building, meet our faculty and current students, visit with advisers, and check on your graduate application process.
Barkley Memorial Center from 9:00 - 3:00. If you come longer, stay in one of Lincoln's fine hotels.
What will I do?
- Take a tour of the building and our on-site clinic facilities with a current graduate student guide.
- Find out about possible funding opportunities.
- Learn about specialized clinical and course opportunities and current research projects.
- Meet one-on-one with a faculty member specializing in your favorite interest area.
- Be our guest for lunch with current graduate students... and even sample ice cream from UNL's famous dairy store.
|Open House Agenda|
|9:00 – 10:00 AM||Welcome
Application Process Questions
Current Research Projects & Grants
|10:00 – 10:10 AM||Break – Sign up for 1-on-1 advising appointments|
|10:10 – 11:00 AM||Break-out of SLP vs. AuD
"Typical" Program Planning
Clinical Issues & Opportunities
|11:00 AM – 12:15 PM||Guided Tour of Barkley Facilities by current Graduate Students
Q & A with current Graduate Students
|12:15 – 1:00 PM||Lunch with Faculty and current Graduate Students|
|1:00 – 3:00 PM||One-on-One Advising Appointments with Faculty and/or Jill (20 minute slots)|
What should I bring along?
- Lots of questions. (There are no dumb questions.)
- A copy of your transcript from every undergraduate school you have attended.