SLP/AUD Open Houses
Come join a tour for prospective Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology students at the Barkley Memorial Center. Tour our building, meet our faculty and current students, visit with advisers, and check on your graduate application process.
2017-18 Open Houses
Friday, Nov. 17, 2017 - Sorry, we're full!
Friday, Dec. 8, 2017 - Registration closed.
Friday, March 30, 2018 - Registration closed.
Friday, April 6, 2018 - Registration closed.
Barkley Memorial Center from 9:00 - 3:00. If you come longer, stay in one of Lincoln's fine hotels.
What will I do?
- Take a tour of the building and our on-site clinic facilities with a current graduate student guide.
- Find out about possible funding opportunities.
- Learn about specialized clinical and course opportunities and current research projects.
- Meet one-on-one with a faculty member specializing in your favorite interest area.
- Be our guest for lunch with current graduate students... and even sample ice cream from UNL's famous dairy store.
|Open House Agenda|
|9:00 – 10:00 AM||Welcome
Application Process Questions
Current Research Projects & Grants
|10:00 – 10:10 AM||Break – Sign up for 1-on-1 advising appointments|
|10:10 – 11:00 AM||Break-out of SLP vs. AuD
"Typical" Program Planning
Clinical Issues & Opportunities
|11:00 AM – 12:15 PM||Guided Tour of Barkley Facilities by current Graduate Students
Q & A with current Graduate Students
|12:15 – 1:00 PM||Lunch with Faculty and current Graduate Students|
|1:00 – 3:00 PM||One-on-One Advising Appointments with Faculty and/or Jill (20 minute slots)|
What should I bring along?
- Lots of questions. (There are no dumb questions.)
- A copy of your transcript from every undergraduate school you have attended.