Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education Graduate Minor
Teaching, Learning and Teacher EducationMINOR
As a member of the Big Ten and in service of the Nebraska land-grant mission, the Department of Teaching, Learning, and Teacher Education offers world-class graduate study opportunities focused on innovative education research and practice with wide-ranging and impactful outcomes.
This TLTE minor introduces students to the field of education and provides a valuable academic and professional contribution to their degrees. Students have the option to focus their minor courses in areas that expand their disciplinary knowledge in meaningful ways that provide access to a variety of intellectual and professional pathways. Students have the option of choosing courses in areas of faculty expertise that include curriculum and teacher education, innovative learning technologies, language, literacy, & culture, educational policy and reform, as well as science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education. The minor coursework is guided by a TLTE graduate faculty member.
TLTE Minor for Masters Students
Master’s students may declare a minor in their Memoranda of Courses. The master’s minor requires 9 TEAC credit hours of courses
- Required Courses
- TEAC 800 Inquiry into Teaching and Learning (3 cr)
- TEAC 801 Seminar in Curriculum Inquiry (3 cr)
- TEAC Elective Course (3 cr) — decided with TLTE Minor graduate faculty advisor
- Students are assigned a TLTE Minor Graduate Advisor in students’ areas of interest
- The Memorandum of Courses must be signed by the TLTE minor graduate faculty advisor
TLTE Doctoral Minor
Doctoral students may declare a minor in their Program of Studies. The doctorate level minor in TLTE consists of 15 TEAC credit hours of courses.
- The minor's credit hours are included in the total number of credit hours for the doctoral program and must include at least 15 hours, with a minimum of 6 hours in courses open exclusively to graduate students (900 level, or 800 level without 400 level or lower counterparts).
- A graduate faculty member from TLTE must be a member of the student’s Supervisory Committee.
Graduate Project Associate