Information Session in December!
Teaching Computer Science - Admin Session
- Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Time: 10-11 am & 5:30-6:30 pm CT (Please attend whichever works for you.)
- Session content: Information Session
- Location: Virtual (ZOOM)
- Registration: Please register for the session you plan to attend through the link below.
- To learn what the AP CS Principles course entails and the resources available for schools to implement the program with their students.
- To see who is in the room along with the missions of both Code.org and the Regional Partner.
- To learn why it is important for all students to have the opportunity to learn CS.
- To learn about the teacher training opportunities in the region.
At a Glance
5 Steps to Bring AP CSP to Your School
The process for bringing computer science to your school or district will vary. We recommend building these 5 steps into your implementation plan.
- Step 1: Allocate funding
- Step 2: Make computer science count
- Step 3: Add CS Principles to the school schedule
- Step 4: Select and prepare a teacher
- Step 5: Spread the word
Administrator & Counselor Workshops
Will Address These Questions
Our administrator and counselor workshops will help you answer questions such as:
STEP 1: Funding
- How much does it cost to offer AP CS Principles with the Code.org curriculum?
- What technology infrastructure will I need to run the class?
- How much does it cost to train a teacher?
- How can I afford to add another discipline and pay for an employee?
STEP 2: Making computer science courses count
- Is Code.org’s AP CS Principles course aligned to any standards?
- Does computer science count toward a graduation requirement in my state?
- What course code should I use for AP CS Principles?
- How can students earn college credit for taking AP CS Principles?
STEP 3: Add CS Principles to the school schedule
- How much time should be allocated for the CS Principles class?
- Can AP CS Principles be taught as a semester course?
STEP 4: Select and prepare a teacher
- Who should I hire to teach AP CS Principles?
- What qualifications or certifications does a teacher need to teach AP CS Principles?
- What training will my teacher need?
- How do I get my teacher enrolled in the Professional Learning Program?
STEP 5: Spread the word
- Where can I find recruitment resources?