UNL-Tabitha Memory Workshop
What is the Memory Workshop?
This is a weekly class led by speech-language pathologists and graduate speech-language pathology students at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. The target audience is individuals and their significant others who are concerned about age-related memory difficulties. The purpose is to provide education and solutions.
Group intervention for participants will focus on learning about and developing strategies to improve independence and safety with daily functional skills and activities. Significant others will attend with a focus on assisting their family member/friend with the daily challenges of memory impairment. Participants will have the opportunity to share their experiences with other individuals and professionals, as well as brainstorm and implement techniques to manage daily challenges.
Who should attend?
Individuals and their significant others who are:
- Concerned about memory and thinking limiting functional skills.
- Interested in learning about memory and strategies to enhance thinking skills.
- Willing to participate in discussions.
- Willing to complete simple weekly assignments.
- Able and willing to attend eight weekly sessions for 90 minutes each (Wednesdays 10-11:30).
June 6 - July 25, 2018
Cost: $80 (friend/family member/significant other attends for free)
July 3 *Tuesday due to holiday*