Event Planning Emphasis
Do you see yourself planning and participating in amazing events like the Cannes Film Festival, College World Series, professional sporting events, concerts, conferences or corporate travel? If so, the HRTM Event Planning Emphasis will help you get where you want to be.
From the basics to the advanced elements of the industry you can specialize in the topics of events that are the most interesting to you. You’ll have the opportunity to cover topics such as budgets and site selection, contracts, vendors, negotiations, promotions, food and beverage management, weddings and conferences.
The UNL HRTM program is designed to allow you to apply what you have learned within an industry setting. In addition to gaining valuable experience, you will be building your resume and expanding your network of industry connections.
- HORT 261-Floral Design I
- HRTM 274-Intro to Food & Beverage Management
- HRTM 285-Intro to the Lodging Industry
- HRTM 289-Intro to the Event Industry
- HRTM 373-Catering
- HRTM 474-Food & Beverage Management
- HRTM 477-Hospitality Facility Planning & Purchasing
- HRTM 489-Advanced Event Operations
- NUTR 471-Vines, Wine & You or
- HRTM 472-Fine Food & Wine
- TXCD 121-Design Essentials