Find a Better Way to Health
The Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences is committed to creating an environment that is welcoming to all; where each person feels accepted, valued, and safe. Click here to learn more.
Enhance human health and well-being through discovery and application of scientific knowledge.
Create a diverse and inclusive research and learning environment to advance health and hospitality, experiential learning, and engagement with individuals, families, communities, and businesses.
Our Core Values
- Collaboration to create a positive and inclusive learning and work environment for all.
- Working together to positively impact individuals, families, schools, communities, and businesses.
- Culturally responsive and respectful of diverse people, ideas, voices, and perspectives.
- Multidisciplinary approaches to scholarship that integrate teaching and learning, research and creative activity, outreach, and service.
- Innovation, collaboration, creativity, and curiosity as we address the complex issues facing individuals, families, schools, communities, and businesses.
- Creation of new knowledge and its application to human and community needs.
Graduate students can enroll in a graduate program within the NHS department.
“The personal desire to be the first one in my family to graduate from college, that really drives me on the inside.”
NHS Associate Professor Shinya Takahashi interviews Senior Ben Stille regarding his UNL experience and advice for new students:
NHS Associate Professor Shinya Takahashi interviews Senior Clare Morehouse regarding her UNL experience and advice for new students:
Our alumni are making a difference in people’s lives.
Families. Schools. Communities. This is where our alumni are at work. You’ll get the experiences you need to make an impact there, too.
Nguyen celebrates heritage, cultivates welcoming spaces
Meet Andre Nguyen, a nutrition, exercise and health sciences major from Lincoln, Nebraska. Through his involvements on campus and in the community, he meets new friends, connects with his cultural heritage and cultivates welcoming spaces for others.
Three CEHS students among Research Days winners
Two graduate students and one undergraduate in the College of Education and Human Sciences were among the Huskers awarded prizes for their participation in the 2023 Student Research Days Poster Sessions and Creative Exhibitions March 28-29.