Athletic Training Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
The mission of the Athletic Training Program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is to prepare students for a multidisciplinary approach to health care with a quality comprehensive classroom and clinical education learning opportunities that promote the application of scientific information to enhance the lives of individuals in culturally diverse communities.
The vision of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Athletic Training Program will be to develop entry-level athletic trainers and promote lifelong learning through the application of scientific information to enhance the lives of individuals in culturally diverse communities in Nebraska, the United States, and throughout the world.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
You will be prepared to work in the exciting career of athletic training where you can support athletes in the challenges of maintaining their health. A strong academic program is paired with a challenging clinical program that includes daily opportunities to learn with Husker athletics.
Completion of the academic major, including clinical experiences, will also make you eligible to take the Board of Certification (BOC) examination.
THE NEBRASKA DIFFERENCE
- Nationally recognized faculty and athletic medicine staff
- World-class facilities
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Highly competitive program entry requirements
CLINICAL EDUCATION SITES
- Nebraska Athletic Medicine
- Bob Devaney Sports Center
- Concordia University Athletics
- Injury Prevention and Care Center (IPC) at the UNL Recreation Center
- Lincoln Southwest High School
- Public or private schools
- Colleges or universities
- Professional sports organizations
- Industrial or clinical sites
- Preparation for graduate/professional study in medicine, sports and exercise performance, or health-related professions