We Strive to Be Intentional, Accountable, and Reflective
We encourage participation in a number of programs and resources that help inform and advance our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ouch! and other trainings provided
- Workshops offered through the UNL Women’s Center and UNL LGBTQA+ Center
- UNL student organization for Chapter of Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS)
Our personnel and programs strive to provide the leadership to effectively deal with differing ideas and views to enable them to interact with diverse people and cultures in meaningful and constructive ways. We are also actively looking for people who will contribute to the diversity of our community. We strongly encourage applications for faculty, staff, and administrator positions from groups who are underrepresented in the fields of Nutrition and Health Sciences.
- The percent of undergraduate minorities enrolled in NHS continues to increase each year
- Faculty, students, and staff advise the IANR Leadership Team on efforts to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment
- Modifications to the physical environment are being examined to improve accessibility and inclusion
NHS Department Representative
Within the Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences, Sabine Zempleni is actively engaged with Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging efforts by reviewing policies, facilitating conversations, and providing feedback to the advisory group. Contact Sabine with any questions, concerns, or comments.
Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Group
The IANR Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group consists of faculty, students, and staff that advise the IANR Leadership Team on efforts to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment within IANR.